Thursday, July 1, 2010

Daily Snark: I'll take that to-go

I'm interviewing for a job today. Basically it's the perfect job, my dream job. Although I've already accepted the Field Coordinator position, the Planned Parenthood still may want me for this long term, full time position in the Public Affairs department. Woot!

For those of you who have not ever visited Planned Parenthood's new campus, there is a surgical facility in the same building as the administrative offices. This means they do the abortions there. So there are the predictable protesters and giant dead baby signs out front, which is just so great.

I was sending myself good vibes that today would not be surgical day and that I might dodge the protesters...

shelley: here's hoping it's not surgical day at the PP today
cause i'm going for my interview for the other PP job and i won't be in a car to protect me from the crazy people

Kris: you are interviewing today?
for the fulltime?

shelley: yes

Kris: nice!!!
good luck

shelley: thanks
i feel pretty confident about it
as long as i'm not shot walking in
they won't shoot me though because they'll think that i'm aborting my baby
they'll try to talk me out of it

Kris: on the way out you could always tell them that you decided to keep it ... and then hold up a little "to-go" box

shelley: i am loling ridiculously

Kris: i am too and it's my own joke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amazing. thank you for that. how did the interview go?