Thursday, June 17, 2010

Daily Snark: Why do people want to be ugly?

Kids today, I don't understand their fashion. It's like they want to be ugly. Matted hair, the ripped pants, mismatched suits with ugly ass bow ties...the 80's were bad in the 80's and they are still bad today. So when I saw a woman sporting what I thought to be terrible fashion this morning on the bus, I had to wonder if she is just clueless or if I am the one who's out of the loop. Naturally, I consulted with Kris, and the result is more Daily Snark gold...

shelley: i have this new intern and she is so cute. she has the hipster bangs and the big ugly glasses
i usually find that kind of thing hideous but on her it's so adorable
Kris: some of them are super cute. kinda like the dogs with the smashed in face
shelley: yes. i did see a woman with her ponytail held in place by a very large barette the way we used to do in the early 90s
and i was silently judging her until i wondered if that was popular again and i am the one who is square
Kris: god i hope the 90s are back
the 80s need to piss off
shelley: sure,but big barettes should not come back
ever
Kris: what if they had fake birds or large flowers on them
shelley: that's already back
large flowers anyway
shelley: i saw some employee at home depot wearing a barette with a giant flower yesterday
she seemed out of place
Kris: okay well what if they had seaweed covered in oil?
shelley:how about if they had fake birds covered in oil?
Kris: love it

Too soon?

Anyway, it's not like I care that much if I'm the only square that doesn't embrace big barettes or whatever other awful trend happens. If being ugly is right, I DEFINITELY want to be wrong.


No comments: