Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wait...I have a blog?

Oh hey, yeah, I have a blog. It's been uber long since I posted anything on my poor, neglected blog. I'm sorry, blog...it's just that I've been busy with work and school and...well, I'm sorry that you feel we never talk anymore but someone has to work to put food on the table! I'll take you somewhere really special this weekend, baby, I promise.

Ok, now that my blog and I have kissed and made up, I think I'll give everyone a nice little update on how everything is going for me, cause I know you are all so interested. Let's revisit the new years campaign plan, shall we?

Goal #1: Do not gain weight in the new year.
Well as far as I can tell I haven't but who the hell knows. It's not like I own a scale or anything. But as for my strategies...well, let's just say I've fallen off the wagon a little bit. And I don't care. I got a new bike though, and it's 7 miles round trip from my house to the office so if I want to have a block of cheddar cheese dipped in milkshakes, I think I'm entitled.

Goal #2: Stop being twitchy about being alone.
Ok, so this is an easy one because I don't spend that much time alone now. I have a roommate and a new "special friend" so I don't really have to be twitchy about it. But let's revisit the strategies...
I successfully did not pursue a man for all of January. Of course, as we all know I started dating Will in the first week of February but I wouldn't say there was a lot of pursuing there...it just sort of happened. And as for starting new activities...I have definitely been rocking out more with Will and Dan and our songs totally kick fucking ass but other than that I haven't really had time to start new activities and I don't know if rocking out with the new "special friend" counts as an activity that will enhance my confidence in being alone.

Goal #3: Do not be a stress freak about work.
Yeah...ship's pretty much sailed on that one. I am going to go ahead and take this nautical theme to a ridiculous extreme and say that if I were to look at the positive side of it, I could say we are in all-hands-on-deck mode...but what I really want to say is that we are in ship sinking mode. But I can only do what I can do, and that's what I am going to do. (That's a trademarked philosophical phrase, ok so hands off.)

Other random goals:
Finish school: Yeah, so I just failed a class. Pretty sure that whole finishing school thing won't be happening this year.
Move out of my shitty apartment: Done and done. Great new house, super new roommate, complete with enough hot water to do dishes and shower in the same night and sans the homeless crackheads.

Stay tuned for more in-depth postings on my thoughts on failing graduate school and why I no longer have a "type".

2 comments:

will said...

I want to nautically theme this comment but I'm struggling with it. Or maybe I'm barely treading water in my attempt. So anyway, here goes:

Avast, where there be milkshake-coated cheese cubes? I want some of those.

Ok, that was lame. Glad you're posting again.

Dan Stafford said...

So glad you're blogging again! Also glad you think our music kicks ass! We rule! Gestetners forever!!!!!!